Does a smartwatch need a SIM card? Really? Let me tell you first that not even I but most of the people consider a smartwatch as a smartphone because the functions of smartwatches are working like smartphones.
Well, we know that smartwatches are working with the help of cellular connectivity. For example, you can send as well as receive messages and phone calls.
You might have a question like if a smartwatch is working like a smartphone then does a smartwatch need a SIM card?
Do not worry about it, I am here to help you out with this question and if you are confused to buy a smartwatch then you are in the right place because I am providing you the best smartwatch with a SIM card.
Before we go in to deep, let’s look at quickly that what is SIM card?
What is SIM Card?
SIM card is the short form of Subscriber Identity Module.
SIM card is nothing but a card (actually it is a smart card) that is used to communicate with your network carrier.
In other words, I can say that the SIM card is a small (micro) chip and it is used in mobile phones. It comes in different kinds of sizes such as Nano-SIM, and mini-SIM.
The size of the SIM card used in a smartwatch is a Nano card and it stores the same amount of data as before.
And the name, SIM – Subscriber Identity Module, itself says that it contains useful information like contact numbers and names.
These SIM cards give permission to the smartwatch to access the cellular network so you can make phone calls as well as messages.
In my point of view, a SIM card is a communication device that you can connect to your smartphones and smartwatches on your particular cellular network.
So this is the quick information about what is SIM card. I hope you like it. It’s quite easy to understand.
How to activate SIM card for Smartwatch?
It is a very important part of the SIM card in the smartwatch. It is so easy to activate a SIM card than you think.
Let’s check it out how to activate SIM card for smartwatch step by step.
- First of all, you have to insert a SIM card into a smartwatch.
- After that, you must have to contact your mobile phone carrier provider and ask for an eSIM link.
- Once you get the eSIM link, you need to copy and paste the link (or URL) to your smartphone which should be paired with your smartwatch.
- After that, the link will open in your browser, and just fill out all details of your SIM card.
- After detailation on the SIM card, they will ask for OTP which is sent on your device.
- After enter OTP, you are good to go. In some cases, they may ask to restart your device.
Now it is time to look for our real query that is
Does a smartwatch need a SIM card?
The answer is YES. Smartwatch needs a SIM card.
Because if you want to make phone calls, messages, and access the internet, you must need a cellular network and SIM card.
Does a smartwatch work without SIM card?
The answer is YES. Without a SIM card, it is working like just a regular smartwatch. You can get more functionality with a SIM card smartwatch.
10 Best Smartwatches with SIM Card
Apple Watch Series 5
Samsung Gear S3
Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
Garmin Vivoactive 4 Music
Fitbit Versa 3
Mobonic Raycon Hero Bluetooth Smartwatch
Garmin Fenix 6
Sony SWR50 Smartwatch 3
BURG Neon 16A
1. Apple Watch Series 5
Apple watch series 5 is one of the best smartwatches that you can purchase. It comes with GPS + Cellular network.
This smartwatch has an amazing feature like the display never sleeps (Display-Always On Retina) and ECG app, smartwatch always keep eye on your heart rate.
Another important feature of this smartwatch has a compass and ground elevation. Now, let’s check out the specifications.
- 64-bit Dual-Core S5 Processor
- Up to 2X Faster Than S3 Processor
- 18 Hours battery Life
- Always on Ratina Display
- International Emergency Calling
- Dustproof & Waterproof on the dept of 50m
- Heart Rate monitor & ECG
- Gold Stainless Steel with Stone Sport Band
2. Samsung Gear S3
The best feature of the Samsung Gear S3 is you can call from your wrist. It means your hands will be free from your phone.
Another most important feature is smartwatch gives you an alert to a change in atmospheric pressure while you running to climb mountains.
Other than that very important feature of a smartwatch (I personally need it) is resistant to water and dust. What it means that you can wear a Gear S3 smartwatch in all kinds of weather. Because it is able to withstand dust and dirt up to 1.5 m underwater.
- Tizen OS
- 3 to 4 Days battery Life
- Technology Main Display
- CPU Type -Dual Core – Processor
- Infra & Bluetooth Network
- GPS & Glonass
- Super AMOLED Display
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, HR Sensor, Light Sensor
3. Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS
Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS is advanced level of Ticwatch Pro smartwatch.
3 most important points you can see in this smartwatch that is
- Extended Battery Life
- Advanced Health & Fitness Tracking
- Faster & Sleeker Than Ever Before
- Essential Mode – Up to 45 Days
- Smart Mode – Up to 72 Hours battery Life
- 1.4” Retina AMOLED + FSTN Display
- Wear OS by Google
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform
- Water & Dust Resistance (Pool Swimming Suitable)
- Stainless Steel + Plastic Materials
4. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
Under my thoughts, Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is one of the best smartwatches among all of the smartwatches.
With this smartwatch, you can track your workout on your wrist like running, walking, cycling, swimming, and more.
A very amazing feature of this smartwatch is health support. How? For example, with the help of a stress tracker, you can check your stress level. You can track your heart rate also.
- Tizen Based Wearable OS 4.0
- AP – Exynos 9110 Dual Core 1.15 GHz
- 1.4” (34mm), Circular Super AMOLED (360 X 360)
- Full Color Always on Display
- Corning Gorilla Glass DX+
- Wifi b/g/n, NFC & A-GPS/GLONASS
- 768MB RAM + 4GB Internal Memory
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Gyro, Barometer, HRM, Ambient Light
5. Garmin Vivoactive 4 Music
The best thing about Garmin company is, they come up with a smartwatch in ample colors and it is also affordable than others.
Moreover, some of the best features this smartwatch has. One of them is you can keep eye on your health 24X7.
Also, one of the amazing features is body battery energy monitoring. Let me explain with an example, you can see your own body energy level the whole day. This feature is important in terms of going outside for activity.
Other than that, this smartwatch has a Pulse Ox sensor. You can measure your blood oxygen saturation at any time. Also, you can measure your body like how well your body is absorbing oxygen.
Let’s check it out it’s specifications.
- Fiber-Reinforced Polymer With Polymer Rear Cover
- 18 Hours battery Life
- Display – Sunlight-visible, Transflective Memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- 1.3” (33 mm) Diameter – Display Size
- GPS Mode without Music – Up to 18 Hours
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 260 X 260 Pixels – Display Resolutions
- Bluetooth , ANT+, Wifi
- Water Range – Swim, 5 ATM
- Smartwatch Mode – Up to 5 Days
- GPS Mode with Music – Up to 6 Hours
6. Fitbit Versa 3
Fitbit introducing the latest version of the smartwatch that is Fitbit Versa 3. Whenever you are in motion, Versa 3’s smart technology helps you to stay in the loop.
One of the best features is Versa 3 has Alexa built-in and google assistant which is I personally love it.
Moreover, it has built in GPS facility which you can see your pace and distance without phone.
- Midnight Blue/Gold Color
- 6+ Days Battery Life with 12 Minutes Fast Charging
- Weather, Sleep Monitor, Reminders, Voice Assistant, Alexa, Phone, GPS, Heart Rate Monitor – Application Supported
- Alexa Built-in
- Water Resistance – 50m in dept
7. Mobonic Raycon Hero Bluetooth Smartwatch
Mobonic Raycon Hero Bluetooth Smartwatch is come up with amazing features like you can connect your phone via Bluetooth or insert a SIM card.
Also, you can track your steps, answer calls, and record videos with the touch of a button and a beautiful AMOLED display.
Moreover, this smartwatch is very user friendly. However, this smartwatch does not have an in-built SIM card but you have to purchase it.
- CPU – MTK6580 Quad Core 1.3 GHz
- 3G supported, Micro SIM WCDMA
- AMOLED Display
- Bluetooth 4.0 + Wifi
- ROM- 4GB & RAM – 512MB
- 400*400 Pixel
- Android 5.1 OS, Easy Online Upgrade
- GPS, Pedometer, Heart Rate, Anti-theft
8. Garmin Fenix 6
What I personally like about Garmin Fenix 6 smartwatch is its features. Let’s check out what are they.
You can check your fitness activities through wrist-based heart rate and Pulse Ox sensors. Also, the Dynamic PacePro feature helps you run smarter over various types of terrain.
Moreover, this smartwatch has preloaded ski maps for more than 2,000 resorts around the world.
Other than that, you can navigate your world with multi-GNSS satellite reference and outdoor sensors.
Last but not in the list, you can sync your favorite streaming services, and listen to music without your phone.
- 1.3” (33.02mm) Diameter – Display Size
- 260 X 260 Pixels – Display Resolution
- Display – Sunlight-Visible, Transflective MIP
- GPS – Up to 36 Hour
- Smartwatch – Up to 14 Days
- Max Battery GPS Mode – Up to 72 Hours
- Battery Saver Watch Mode – 48 Days
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 or Sapphire Crystal
- QuickFit Watch Band Compatible
- 32 GB Memory
- Water Rating – 10 ATM
- Bluetooth, ANT+, Wifi Connectivity
- GPS + Music – Up to 10 Hours
- Expedition GPS Mode – Up to 28 Days
9. Sony SWR50 Smartwatch 3
One of the best features of the Sony SWR50 smartwatch 3 is you can check your health. For example, you can track your distance, speed, elevation, and heart rate through the iFit® GPS app.
Apart from it, Android Wear provides you information as you move like a response to your voice.
- Android 4.3 & Later Required
- 48 Hours battery Life
- 1.6” Transflective Display
- Bluetooth & NFC
10. BURG Neon 16A
BURG Neon 16A smartwatch comes at an affordable price than other smartwatches. However, it has limited features but still you can buy BURG Neon 16A.
This smartwatch provides facilities like two-way Bluetooth based communication, you can make calls, send & receive SMS.
- GSM Network
- Standalone – Yes
- 3 Days battery Life
- OS – Android / iOS
- Micro SD up to 16GB
- 1.54 inch LCD Touchscreen Display
To sum up this article, I started this article from scratch to an advanced level like what is SIM card, how to activate a SIM card for a smartwatch.
Also, the important query I tried to discuss with you like does a smartwatch needs a SIM card.
In addition, I provide you a list of the top 10 best smartwatches with SIM cards. Where I discuss the specifications and features (which are related to daily routine) of the smartwatch.
Even I mention my personal suggestions over there also.
Finally, my verdict is to look out for your requirements and then go for purchase. Even you can differentiate them also and check out which is best for you.
Don’t be hurry. Be patience.
I hope you like my article about does a smartwatch need a SIM card.
Before end this article, I need your help like mention in comment box that how’s my article.
If you have any querry, you know where to find me Contact Us.
Enjoy Your Day!